Problem accessing the GUI of Proxmox

fleyd

Aug 22, 2022
Hi,

I have a MiniPc running Proxmox and 2 VMs, one for Home Assistant and other for Open Media Vault. Yesterday i changed my Router to a Google Nest Router and i now have this configuration: ISP Router > bridge connected to Google Router > connected to a TP Link Switch 8 ports.

For example, to that Switch i have a Synology connected working fine (the IPs changed of course when i changed to the Google router). Initially (yesterday) i could access the GUI of Proxmox, but today i cannot. When i try to access the previous IP which was 192.168.1.3:8006 , i have no answer from the browser.

I can access my VM from Home Assistant, which is now 192.168.86.35:8123. I pluged in a hdmi cable to the miniPc and it shows that the Proxmox IP is https://192.168.1.3:8006 , same as before. In the comand line, if i type "ip a" it show the IP https://192.168.1.3:8006 but i cannot access the Proxmox GUI. I have deleted the cookies from Browser, tried on my cellphone, tried http://192.168.1.3:8006 and nothing works...

I have seen the connected devices in the google router, but it doesn't seem any of them to be Proxmox.

Any way i can access the Proxmox GUI?

This is a noobie question, sorry, but I don´t want to install all over again....

If your PVE hosts IP is 192.168.1.3 with usually a "/24" CIDR that means you can only access it with a client that also got a IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (so an IP between 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255). If your new subnet is now 192.168.86.0/24 you would need to change your PVE hosts IP address to be part of that.
For that you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf

Last edited:
Reactions: fleyd
If your PVE hosts IP is 192.168.1.3 with usually a "/24" CIRD that means you can only access it with a client that also got a IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (so an IP between 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255). If your new subnet is now 192.168.86.0/24 you would need to change your PVE hosts IP address to be part of that.
For that you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf
Hi,

Thanks for your comment, can you tell me how to edit and what command should i write to open those files?
And inside the files, will it be easy to understand what to change?

Sorry for the questions.

Thanks for your comment, can you tell me how to edit and what command should i write to open those files?
Most beginner friendly is nano. You can edit a file like with nano /etc/network/interfaces and then use CTRL+X to exit and save it and then Y to confirm.
After changing the files you can restart your network with systemctl restart networking
And inside the files, will it be easy to understand what to change?
You bascially only need to replace "192.168.1.3" or "192.168.1.3/24" everywhere with a new free IP of your new subnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: fleyd
Most beginner friendly is nano. You can edit a file like with nano /etc/network/interfaces and then use CTRL+X to exit and save it and then Y to confirm.
After changing the files you can restart your network with systemctl restart networking

You bascially only need to replace "192.168.1.3" or "192.168.1.3/24" everywhere with a new free IP of your new subnet.

It's working now, many thanks for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!