Private network between containers on different nodes via vLAN

shubhank008

Aug 26, 2020
I have 2 servers with hetzner Node1 and Node2.
Each of them have 2 containers each CT1 CT2 and NT1 and NT2 each with their own public IP.

I also used Hetzner's vSwitch feature to create a Linux vLAN between my Node1 and Node2 and am able to ping and SSH on that private network. I am using 192.168.100.0/24

What I want to do though, is also create private network between all my containers on both nodes so I can use private network/IPs for data transfer instead of my public ones.

I am stumbled on how to do that as I tried adding another network card to my containers and configuring them using private IPs (192.168.100.100/24 and 192.168.100.110/24) and even though same server can ping that CT, the other node/CTs cannot. I had left the gateway field empty for both containers (existing on different nodes).

My question is how do I private network these containers ? I am using a non cluster setup and cannot cluster as both nodes have running containers on them.

Node 1
https://i.imgur.com/FXg83kX.png

FXg83kX.png

Node 2
R8yYq15.png

Container 1 on Node 2
aUTHAHW.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!