Prevent container from being started

maturos

Apr 26, 2022
Hello, i have a container that i don't want to delete but I want prevent it from being started by other users. Is there any simple was to lock or deactivate the container? Like the option to prevent containers from being deleted accidentally.

Thanks!

I don't think so. But you could create a ressource pool, add that LXC to that pool and set the privileges for that ressource pool so that only you got the privilege to start it. That way other users can't start it without your permission.

Reactions: maturos
Okay yeah that's possible. Then i just take care that I don't start it by myself or I use a technical user which is the only one who has access to that ressource pool.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!