PPP/PPTP on VM its disabled, how can i enable it ?

Bidi

Renowned Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have an VM with Debian 10 and one of the customer whants to enable PPP for PPTP on it. (Ppp_generic kernel module)

Is there some sort of configuration we have to do on the Node ? I never made this because nobody ask, and what tutorials i founded ar for lxc.

Thank you

hi,

if it's a VM then you don't need to do anything on the node (except maybe opening/forwarding PPTP port 1723 to the VM)

hi,

if it's a VM then you don't need to do anything on the node (except maybe opening/forwarding PPTP port 1723 to the VM)

We didnt enabled firewall, still ave to do the port forwarding ?
Any tutorials to enable it on the VM if you have will help me alot.

We have only public ips, we got ower own ip ranges...
yeah then no setup on the host should be necessary, just check the firewall inside the guest and setup PPTP as normal inside the guest, should work

Reactions: Bidi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!