Power on all vms/lxcs even if the cluster is down

brunoverdi

Renowned Member
Oct 23, 2014
Hey guys, what's up?

Please, can anyone help me?
Here, in the company, we have a proxmox cluster with only 2 nodes, the master and de second one.
Sometimes, only the master is up when we have some power issues, and I have manually power the other node on when I arrive.

The problem is that there are important VMS/LXCs on the node master and they won't power on if the cluster is not ready... wich means both nodes needs to be "up" to the cluster is ready...

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion to make machines up even without the cluster is ready?

Best regards

If you want to do this as a one off use : pvecm expected 1

If you want this to be automatic each time your need to adjust the quorum votes on the master to 2 so it makes quorum. However this does defeat a clusters protection.

You need always at least 3 nodes in a cluster. Yes two nodes are also working (we have too), but yes when one is down the other one waits for quorum. There is no real solution for your problem. Add another node and it is solved (also an dummy proxmox is ok... little device like zodac....). Set the quorum votes is really danger, and it will breaks your cluster.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!