Post installation questions

burger1113

Jun 16, 2023
With a lot of help from the community, I just got my high sierra VM gpu passthrough to work! It loads fine with the start at boot option, but it seems kinda clunky to boot and shut down. Here are some questions I can't seem to find answers to online.

The first 3 are the most important, and if you could point me in the right direction instead of laying all steps out, I think I could figure most things out!

1.is there a way to streamline the boot without the pve selection screen and make it faster?
2.can I make the machine power down with the MacOS shutdown?
3.I got usb devices to pass through, but could I make the other ports just plug in and play...? Or maybe could I get a usb hub that could pass through and give me that function?
4.how do I boot into the pve bash screen from the machine?
5.can I use the pve GUI with the machine without a separate pc? Just connect to it via a browser?

Last edited:
is there a way to streamline the boot without the pve selection screen and make it faster?
Are you talking about the PVE boot process or the VM boot process? For the later please see OpenCore Config

I got usb devices to pass through, but could I make the other ports just plug in and play...? Or maybe could I get a usb hub that could pass through and give me that function?
Passthrough an USB controller and everything you attach to it will automatically be available inside of your guest.

can I use the pve GUI with the machine without a separate pc? Just connect to it via a browser?
You want to connect to the VM via the PVE GUI while the machine has GPU passthrough? Not that I know of.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!