port forward & proxmox firewall

mvrhov

Jan 29, 2011
Hey everybody,

We have just figured out that if we add port forwarding rules in /etc/network/interfaces, that the Proxmox firewall rules don't apply to that. Is this on purpose or is this a bug?

excerpt from the interfaces file.

Code:
post-up /bin/echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '172.16.172.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
pre-down /sbin/iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '172.16.172.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE

#ssh
post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 22100 -j DNAT --to 172.16.172.100:22
post-down iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 22100 -j DNAT --to 172.16.172.100:22

I don't know exactly what are you asking, but Firewall rulers that we were expected to be applied are set on "<Server name>/Firewall", The "Datacenter/Firewall" has only ping and proxmox access rules.
All rules are done via security groups. Which are all set under "Datacenter/Firewall/Security Group"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!