Port Forward LXC container

dryteletubby

Oct 23, 2017
I have proxmox running on a PC with 3 network interfaces. 1st is used for management interface and 2nd is used for my LXC container. I created a VPN in LXC using PiVPN and forwarded port 1194 on my router. However openVPN gives an code 111 error. I tried adding firewall rules for the LXC container to no avail
proxmox vpn port.JPG
Is my Firewall rules incorrect or did I make a mistake somewhere else

did you enable the firewall in the first place ? if not, then the rules will not make any difference
also, both rules are not enabled

maybe your routing is off somewhere? you can try to follow the packets with tcpdump and see where the connection ends

I enable both firewall and its rules to no avail. unfortunately I do not know how to make sense of tcpdumptcp dump.JPG
I have a VPN setup another VM which shares its network with the management interface, that vpn works fine

can you post your network config (from host and guest)?

I have 3 physical network interfaces in proxmox. 1st port is management 192.168.1.63, 2nd port LXC 192.168.1.120. Both are connected to my router via 2 Ethernet cables. Router port-forward udp 1194 for 192.168.1.120 but I can't connect to my VPN. Another VM 192.168.1.163 bridge with management interface has a VPN running on udp 1192. I can connect to it without adding any firewall rules.

i meant please post the content of '/etc/network/interfaces' and the container config with 'pct config <ID>'

network interface is
6366-ee8172b9bd848f2bf84c3950386f3423.jpg

container config is
6367-047cc982817f3ea21ae0db4d7e436f6f.jpg

Attachments

• network interfaces.jpg
    network interfaces.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 20
  • LXC network.JPG
    LXC network.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 19

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!