Poor performance on LXC , migratie to KVM possible ?

bibawa

Jul 1, 2016
Hi,

I'm pretty new to proxmox and running a 2 node server with Proxmox 4.2, installed a couple of VMs on it both LXC container and traditional KVM VM, but the performance of the LXC containers is extremly bad. CPU load of those machines is hugging up to over 100% for no reason and the only solution that works than is rebooting the whole VPS node..

on the same prox nodes we also run the traditional KVM VMs and those machines runs without any issue even when the LXC containers are hitting performance issues..
After googling and reading in this forums here i see that I'm not alone with this issue i tried to enable barrier in my fstab but without success.

I'm moving to LXC containers because we've a lot of Virtuozzo virtual machines and the migration path from OpenVZ to LXC is quite easy, but is it now possible to migratie those LXC containers back to KVM machines ? Or even beter move directly from OPENVz to KVM ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

Yes it is theoretical possible CT to KVM, but it depend very hard on the CT.
There is no standard procedure how you can do this.

I think the fastest and easiest way is an data migration on an new installed KVM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!