Pools and Privileges for Network

bkraegelin

Renowned Member
In my environment I like to restrict user privileges to networks (to VLANs).

The pool management does not allow to specify networks. Object paths described in the wiki (User Management) also do not list network objects.

How can I do that?

My wishes for an ideal solution would allow for restricting VLAN ids in bridge configuration (linux bridge and OVS).

Are there any plans?

Thanks for any information.
Birger

My wishes for an ideal solution would allow for restricting VLAN ids in bridge configuration (linux bridge and OVS).

I can imagine to add permission on the bridge level, but there are no plans for restricting VLAN IDs..

I agree this feature would be very useful. Even if that means adding vlan bridges (bridge with vlan tag set) to the resource pool which could be added to the vm (rather than specifying vlan tag within vm interface settings) based on user's permissions to pools.

Is there a way to restrict access to bridges? Or will it be implemented in the future?
I want to restrict users to use certain bridges for their vms. It would be great if network resources could be added to pools.

Hi, I too would very much like this feature implemented :)
At the moment for KVM based machines I restrict any access to modify the network parameters and provide a base template with the network settings fixed that the users can then clone from.
For containers I haven't figured out a way to prevent users hoping between lans. If it were possible to speciify a default vlan tag or a bridge interface perhaps I could then restrict further network modifications using privileges??

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!