Pool Join Fail

Jawn77478

Feb 20, 2024
Apparentlly, I have missed something in the documentation, because every time I try to join a host to a pool, I end up with a mess. Typically, it's the "connection refused (595)" message. I have searched this forum and tried all the suggest solutions. Nothing has worked.
Proxmox is a great solution, but this feature is a mess. So I have two questions:
1) What's the solution?
2) When are these bugs going to be fixed?

You are in luck, Proxmox is almost done integrating new google Genesis AI into the product. In next major release there will be a one click button that resolves all "failed to connect to pool" issues.
Hold on a little longer.

In the meantime if you'd be so kind as to provide some technical information it will help PVE train their AI. What is a pool in your understanding? What is a mess? What exactly did you do and what was the result?

@pveuser113 I know at some point, the questions that don't give you much to work with can be a nuisance, but let's try to keep the passive-aggressive tone and cynicism down :)

@Jawn77478 please provide more details on what you try to do and what you have done to troubleshoot the issue yourself and what the results were. Without that, questions like yours also don't help to keep the tone friendly and constructive :)

I assume with "pool" you mean a cluster? Can the nodes talk to each other on the main mgmt IP and additional Cluster/Corosync networks? Have you tried to ping?
Is the password you provide when joining a node, the one from the root user of the node you are attempting to connect to?

Reactions: pveuser113

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!