PMX Mailgateway Active-Active setup

wahmed

Famous Member
Oct 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
www.symmcom.com
Hello,

This is not an issue but more of a clarification. If I use PMX MG in active-active setup so all emails come through both gateway1 and gateway2, will I have to log in to them separately to check email queue/tracking centre etc.? Or login into one gateway will show all info in MG cluster-wide? What if there are 4 gateways all in active mode?

Thanks!

Quarantine and statistics are cluster wide. But logs, local queue and tracking center are per node.

Are there any plans to improve this?

Having to log in to each node to check the logs/tracking/queue seems a bit add odds with the clustered nature. At least, it would be a good idea to be able to do this via the GUI to select a node like that can be done with PVE.

Are there any plans to improve this?
currently no one is actively working on that (meaning it won't get implemented by us soon) - but should somebody want to implement that we'd gladly provide help in getting potential patches in shape.

One thing you could do is to configure remote syslogging on the nodes and collect the logs in one place - however you'll need to make sure that they are in the correct format and files (the tracking center takes it's information from /var/log/syslog*)

Also there are a few threads in this forum where users configured this by other means.

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!