PMG with Zimbra Server

mustafaada

Jul 13, 2020
Hi All,

i have a fresh zimbra server and fresh pmg server now.

i want to use pmg which all mail zimbra incoming and outgoing.

Have you any advice? or can you share information or link with me?

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your helping, i did some settings to my mail server but i checked my mail servers log, i could not connect to pmg and error,

connect to xx.xx.xx.xx[xx.xx.xx.xx]:26: Connection refused

any advice?

thank you.

Evertything seen ok but i found error to my zimbra maillog

26: Connection refused, why could not connect to pmg server with mta ?

connect to xx.xx.xx.xx[xx.xx.xx.xx]:26: Connection refused
hmm - try running `pmgconfig sync` and rebooting pmg afterwards

Your pmg is configured with a static IP and not DHCP?

Thats ok, Thank you !

i saw my outgoing mails on tracking center.

and i want to ask.

i saw my outgoing mail to external domain but i cant see sending mail internal to internal.

any advice ? i want to see my internal to internal mails. for example i will send a@a.com to b@a.com.

so many thanks.

? i want to see my internal to internal mails. for example i will send a@a.com to b@a.com.

Usually this is not possible since the server handling a.com will just save the e-mail to b@a.com directly.

There might be a workaround, and you could try to add PMG as 'smtp-level' scanner, but that can cause problems and easily lead to a mail-loop

i tried that but it is not success. i have problems mail-loop.

i think i will solve this problem with zimbra it is not pmg config

Hi,

i integrated all system. i want to setup my mail account to outlook or thunderbird. i want to use proxmox mail gateway hostname and i want to write smtp server name on outlook.

is it possible ?

i integrated all system. i want to setup my mail account to outlook or thunderbird. i want to use proxmox mail gateway hostname and i want to write smtp server name on outlook.
I don't quite understand the question - but if you're asking if you can use PMG as smtp-server for your account in thunderbird or outlook - this is not how it is designed - see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#chapter_deployment
configure your account to send to your mailserver, and configure your mailserver to relay mails via PMG

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!