[SOLVED] PMG Webserver on IPv6?

Jun 7, 2020
Hello,

I want to make the webinterface of my PMG reachable via it's IPv6 and IPv4 address (it's currently only listening on IPv4). Does anybody know where I can configure the binding address of the webserver? I didn't find anything useful in /etc/ and don't even know which webserver PMG is using. I also didn't find anything on this topic in the documentation and forums, so any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Simon

Hi,
I want to make the webinterface of my PMG reachable via it's IPv6 and IPv4 address (it's currently only listening on IPv4).

The "where should I listen on logic" is a bit older and still uses the IP address family of the first IP the hostname resolves to.
So you can edit /etc/hosts and put the IPv6 one in front of the IPv4 line (both can be there just fine at the same time) so that this gets resolved first from the getaddr info call.

We can probably re-evaluate this logic, as once we're listening on IPv6 we listen on everything, so both can work with that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh and for documentation purpose: A server/appliance restart isn't required after making this change. It's enough to restart the public API proxy, in PMG that'd be: systemctl restart pmgproxy.service

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!