[SOLVED] PMG Web login reset

KatyComputer

Sep 26, 2019
St Louis
katycomputer.com
PMG lost its web interface, after a bit of Googling, I ran "pmgconfig apicert --force 1" as root.

Now I have Web Interface without the ability to log in. How do reset/establish web login credentials from the command line?

PMG lost its web interface, after a bit of Googling, I ran "pmgconfig apicert --force 1" as root.

Now I have Web Interface without the ability to log in. How do reset/establish web login credentials from the command line?
Isn't is using System user root Password as default? Try to ssh and login with your password, after granted access type passwd and enter a new one... Reboot and try again?

SSH in as root, change passwd, reboot, root can get in via ssh, root cannot access web interface.
* anything relevant in the PMG's journal?
* anything relevant in '/var/log/pmgproxy/pmgproxy.log'?
* anything relevant in the js-console in the browser (or in the network tab)?

Working in Firefox after:
pmgconfig apicert --force 1​
systemctl restart pmgproxy pmgdaemon​
rm -f /etc/pmg/pmg-csrf.key​
pmgconfig init​

I am not sure why it still fails in Chrome - it will have to keep for another day.

Working in Firefox after:
systemctl restart pmgproxy pmgdaemon​
rm -f /etc/pmg/pmg-csrf.key​
pmgconfig init​

I am not sure why it still fails in Chrome - it will have to keep for another day.
Wipe whole cache of browser.

It would be inconvenient for me to do so until later in the day, so I went to another computer.
It's working. This makes no sense why PMG would report bad password. I am seeing the same problem at home & work. Perhaps a Chrome extension, in any event why "Login failed. Please try again"

I will mark this one solved and move on.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!