[SOLVED] PMG - Tracking Center - odd behavior

maly_glod

Oct 2, 2023
Hi,

I don't know what happened, but after an update, the tracking center started showing e-mails from the past (from a year ago), despite the range is set to show couple hours ago.

Please see attached photo. Today is 2023-10-16 07:57:00 (UTC +2) here, as I`m writeing this thread.

Can I ask for a hint as to what might be wrong?

I also see that there is no rotation of mail.log, mail.err, mail.warn or mail.info logs on the PMG server. And each mail.* file stores data basically from the first run (one year +) . Should it be like that?

Regards
Borys

Attachments

• PMG.png
    PMG.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Please post your `pmgversion -v`
If the PMG is running as container on top of PVE make sure nesting is enabled (without it logrotate does not run)

I think that the issue is that there is no logrotation (/var/log/syslog is where PMG takes the information for the Tracking Center from) - check the journal (journalctl -b) for issues with logrotation.

I hope this helps!

Please post your `pmgversion -v`
If the PMG is running as container on top of PVE make sure nesting is enabled (without it logrotate does not run)

I think that the issue is that there is no logrotation (/var/log/syslog is where PMG takes the information for the Tracking Center from) - check the journal (journalctl -b) for issues with logrotation.

I hope this helps!
Hi Stoiko,

Code:
root@mailgateway:~# pmgversion -v
proxmox-mailgateway-container: 8.0.1 (API: 8.0.7/f309fde0ff50, running kernel: 5.15.126-1-pve)
pmg-api: 8.0.7
pmg-gui: 4.0.2
clamav-daemon: 1.0.3+dfsg-1~deb12u1
ifupdown: 0.8.41
libarchive-perl: 3.6.2
libjs-extjs: 7.0.0-4
libjs-framework7: 4.4.7-2
libproxmox-acme-perl: 1.4.6
libproxmox-acme-plugins: 1.4.6
libpve-apiclient-perl: 3.3.0
libpve-common-perl: 8.0.9
libpve-http-server-perl: 5.0.4
libxdgmime-perl: 1.1.0
lvm2: not correctly installed
pmg-docs: 8.0.1
pmg-i18n: 3.0.7
pmg-log-tracker: 2.4.1
proxmox-mini-journalreader: 1.4.0
proxmox-offline-mirror-helper: 0.6.2
proxmox-spamassassin: 4.0.0-4
proxmox-widget-toolkit: 4.0.9
pve-xtermjs: 4.16.0-3
root@mailgateway:~#

Yes my PMG is running as container on top of PVE and nesting wasn't enabled. I've just enable it, then shutdown the container, and turn it back on. We will see if it helps.

I don't see any errors/issues in journal with logrotation on PMG container.

Yes my PMG is running as container on top of PVE and nesting wasn't enabled. I've just enable it, then shutdown the container, and turn it back on. We will see if it helps.
this will take a while to completely fix itself - as your current syslog contains all the logs from the past year - you could move that away (or split it up manually) if you don't want to wait

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!