PMG Suitability and recommendations for customer / prospect

stefanzman

Jan 12, 2013
USA - Kansas City
www.ice-sys.com
Hello everyone,

I have open ticket with Support on this, but I also wanted to get some feedback from the PGM Community.

We have a customer that is considering using Proxmox Mail Gateway's for their monthly invoice batching. This is mission critical email that needs to go out without fail in and in a timely manner. They are concerned about resiliency, queues, tracking, etc and plan to setup a HA configuration.

Here the key numbers:

Internet Bandwidth = 400Mb/sec but bursts up to 1Gb if traffic hits 85% of the 400Mb
Number of Mails = 5,000 to 6,000 Mails per Hour at its peak
Size of Mails = Average about 30KB to 100KB

They will be purchasing at least a Basic or Standard subscription and would like guidance / recommendation on hardware requirements that will easily and smoothly address the mail flow referenced above. Can you assist? Specifically, we would like to get an idea of minimum CPU(s), RAM, Disk, etc. in an HA configuration.

Essentially, we are looking for something a bit more granular (beyond Recommended SysReqs) for the load referenced above.

Please let me know if you have had any experiences in this type of setup and provide additional insight.

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

---------------------------

Stefan Zauchenberger
ICE Systems, L.L.C.
www.ice-sys.com
stefan@useice.com
913.268.3250 x101

unknown.png

velocity08

May 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have open ticket with Support on this, but I also wanted to get some feedback from the PGM Community.

We have a customer that is considering using Proxmox Mail Gateway's for their monthly invoice batching. This is mission critical email that needs to go out without fail in and in a timely manner. They are concerned about resiliency, queues, tracking, etc and plan to setup a HA configuration.

Here the key numbers:

Internet Bandwidth = 400Mb/sec but bursts up to 1Gb if traffic hits 85% of the 400Mb
Number of Mails = 5,000 to 6,000 Mails per Hour at its peak
Size of Mails = Average about 30KB to 100KB

They will be purchasing at least a Basic or Standard subscription and would like guidance / recommendation on hardware requirements that will easily and smoothly address the mail flow referenced above. Can you assist? Specifically, we would like to get an idea of minimum CPU(s), RAM, Disk, etc. in an HA configuration.

Essentially, we are looking for something a bit more granular (beyond Recommended SysReqs) for the load referenced above.

Please let me know if you have had any experiences in this type of setup and provide additional insight.

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

---------------------------

Stefan Zauchenberger
ICE Systems, L.L.C.
www.ice-sys.com
stefan@useice.com
913.268.3250 x101

View attachment 21275
Hey @stefanzman

did you ever get an answer to your question?

can only vouch for PMG being able to handle a lot of emails at a time, just last week we had seen over 6k emails hit our clients PMG with 5k of those being spam and viruses, all remaining emails quickly and cleanly filtered.

the remaining emails delivered to users mailboxes.

only running a small single PMG 2core 4 GB Ram.

would be interested in what support replied with if you add ok with sharing :) ?

””Cheers
G

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!