PMG send spam mails from a fake address

efyandro

Mar 5, 2020
Capture.JPG
As you can see in the picture above, sender @163.com is not even mydomain, he send spam mails to random addresses.
Was it my SMTP that got compromised and he send fake mail as me?
Does it dangerous for my pmg server or
Will my domain be blocked from google and yahoo?

This is the senders address, so I do not really understand your question.
as i said before that @163.com is not my domain, the sender is not listed in our LDAP user, for example, a @gmail sender send email to a @yahoo recipient, should not use my pmg server to comunicate

as i said before that @163.com is not my domain, the sender is not listed in our LDAP user, for example, a @gmail sender send email to a @yahoo recipient, should not use my pmg server to comunicate

Again, those are incoming mails from an external sender (normal SPAM). The picture you posted only shows incoming mails from @163.com to your domain.

Again, those are incoming mails from an external sender (normal SPAM). The picture you posted only shows incoming mails from @163.com to your domain.

external sender to external recipient, why bother using my pmg installation then? that bluewin.ch is not my domain either

Last edited:
Capture.JPG
this 163.com spamming my pmg since 1st February
Capture.JPG
using my identity to send spam to numerous random emails

Last edited:
The you have either:

* a serious miss-configuration. Maybe you exposed the internal port to the internet (instead of the external port)?
* an internal spammer (check the sending IP address to verify that)?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!