PMG + Exchange 2019 - out of office reply (SPF + DMARC reject policy)

Martec

Jul 10, 2019
We have an internal Exchange Server which receives an sends mails through pmg. LDAP is not set up, so its only a gateway.
All is working as expected so far.

We have an DMARC and an SPF entry setup which tells to reject non conform mail senders.

Here comes the problem, were I want to find a workaround;
If a Mailbox puts in an out of office message, the mail gets bounced by some receivers (eg. google) because of:

550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from domain.com is not accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy.

I understand that Exchange puts in an empty sender into the "out of office" message. On Outlook there is a sender so I guess there is a second header (return-path, envelope?) which includes the correct mail sender adress.

Whould it be possible to add the missing sender header with a proxmox rule without "cringing" around with exchange?
Does anyone found already a working solution for this?

Thanks for our Advices.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!