[SOLVED] PMG as a popconnector replacement ? e.g. Popcon Pro

Q-wulf

Mar 3, 2013
my test location
Question: Can PMGvia Fetchmail operate as a replacement for pop-connectors, e.g. Popcon Pro by servolutions.de

In this use-case we have an exchange sitting behind the firewall. Mail is pulled by Popcon from pop3 / Imap accounts, filtered for spam + Virus, then transfered to the exchange-server's user mailbox or distribution group. We do not have the ability to have exchange or the PMG work as a SMTP-target from the WWW for a bunch of the accounts we typically pull using popcon.

examples:
public mail -> internal mail on exchangeserver
ceo@example.com -> ceo@company.local
ceo@company.tld -> ceo@company.local
ceo@company2.tld -> ceo@company.local
info@company.tld -> distributiongroupForInfo@company.local

Can this be done by PMG using fetchmail ?
As in pull the mails from these accounts, filter them inside the PMG, then send them to the specified mail-account ?

I am not quite familiar with fetchmail, just did read the basic https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Fetchmail/ and the limited part about it on the https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_user_management section 4.11.3; the picture makes it seem like it could do it.

Last edited:
Hi,

we want to use PMG in exactly the same scenario, but unfortunately I am stuck.

If I create our POP3 account in Fetchmail, I have to enter a recipient address at the bottom. However, as I want to distribute to several mailboxes on the Exchange server, I don't want to enter just one recipient address. So I tried several different things as you can see below. But nothing works.

pmg.jpg

How can I achieve the following scenario?
Incoming Mail --> Our Mailhosting Provider --> PMG (over POP3) --> Intermediate step: Send Mails to PMG for filtering? --> internal Exchange with multiple recipients

Thank you very much,
Benjamin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!