phpipam integration issue

darthrater

May 1, 2023
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, I can see the timestamp increment on phpipam when I add from Proxmox.

1701542967869.png

I also have a similar problem but mine appears to be an authentication issue. In Ipam the token doesn't even register its been accessed.

Code:
Latest phpIPAM release    1.6.0
Installed phpIPAM release    1.6.0
Database schema version    1.6 dbversion 39
PHP version    8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
MySQL version    8.0.35-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
MySQL CTE queries    Yes

Attachments

• Screenshot_61.jpg
    Screenshot_61.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Mine is set to SSL with App code token and the token has read, write and admin permissions > https://prnt.sc/N47MI_SXF7ZY

I've reset my token now because I've leaked my own key over these two images.
This is strange, if token wasn't correct you should have a "401 Unauthorized (500)" error.

do you have any logs in your webserver ? (nginx/apache/..)

There isn't anything in the logs. Nginx is empty. In the Apache 2 logs, I don't see anything. I watched the logs as I tried to add the IPAM server into PVE and nothing was logged. Interestingly in the access logs, I don't see PVE making any connections to the IPAM API. I'd of thought the API would log to the access log but I could be wrong.

When I visit the API in a browser it appears to be working

Code:
{
    "code": 401,
    "success": false,
    "message": "Unauthorized",
    "time": 0.002
}

403 Forbidden (500) almost feels like an nginx error. I deleted the APP and started again but it hasn't recorded any access attempts to that token.

Last edited:
I looked further at it yesterday and noticed there was a Cloudflare origin certificate installed in the IPAM server and then realized Cloudflare was enabled on that subdomain. Disabling C/F allowed PVE to add the IPAM server using the domain.

Reactions: spirit

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!