PfSense works with the VLAN settings, Web server doesn't.

solidnoctis

Oct 6, 2020
I setted the VLANs to Proxmox and PfSense (inside of Proxmox), and my computers, cameras etc works (all outside of Proxmox but connected to it 'cause PfSense), but my Server web (Fedora, inside of Proxmox) doesn't work. It doesn't detect the gateway.
Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-18 12-59-09.png

This is my main settings on Proxmox.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-18 12-59-35.png

And this is my Pfsense's firewall.
Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-18 12-59-20.png

Any ideas?

Hi,

You shouldn't be using vid 1 because some vendors use it to translate untagged VLANs into tagged ones.
Also, it makes no sense to enable VLAN awareness on the bridge and handle VLAN on the nic level too.
These are two different ways to do the same thing, and they only work in your setup because you do this with vid 1, which should not be used.

The e1000 and vmxnet are only for compatibility.
PFsense supports virtio nic's, so I would recommend you to use this instead.

I do not know your network, but do you use VLAN 9 for pfsense uplink?
Because you Proxmox VE uplink is on VLAN 1

Hi wolfgang, thanks for your answer.

The VLAN config's the same config as on VMWare's working right now. I mean on PfSense.

PfSense works with WAN on VLAN 4, LAN on VLAN 1.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-20 11-46-12.png
Also, it makes no sense to enable VLAN awareness on the bridge and handle VLAN on the nic level too.
If you mean the VLAN Aware of vmbr1 I have the same result with it disabled.

But it's strange, I mean, if I shouldn't be use vid 1, why's working the rest of devices out of Proxmox, if they're connected to the PfSense through Proxmox?? It's just the Fedora server inside.

PS: Just say, Proxmox should/need works on VLAN 1 or PfSense doesn't allow it works on the LAN.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!