PFSENSE - Firewall - home using

I've exactly the same problem.

2 interfaces :
WAN -> vmbr0
LAN -> vmbr1

pfsense and Win11 VM.

Win11 VM receives a working configuration from DHCP server on vmbr1
A real PC client connected directly on enp45s0 doesn't receive a valid configuration, I have to enter IP, subnetmask, gateway manually.

That's a problem because I alsi have an orbi system which need to receive information from DHCP...

A real PC client connected directly on enp45s0 doesn't receive a valid configuration, I have to enter IP, subnetmask, gateway manually.
What directly do you mean by "directly connected"?
Are you using a switch? If not - maybe the interfaces are not early enough in "link up" state - that also means no dhcp request is received...

What directly do you mean by "directly connected"?
Are you using a switch? If not - maybe the interfaces are not early enough in "link up" state - that also means no dhcp request is received...

A PC connected via RJ45 on my asrock NUC 1220p on the pfsense's LAN interface.

No switch.

Sorry for the late reply. I hope you have already solved your issue.
Sometimes a NIC somewhat cripples UDP packets. I have seen this in the past on other Hypervisors.
What exact hardware are you using?

Hello apoc !

No, a few weeks later, but I still encounter this problem...

I have an ASRock 1220p with 2 x Intel 2.5 Gigabit

Internet working when ip, subnet and gateway manually entered. No internet via DHCP...

Updated bios, no improvement

I've also switched from Linux bridge to ovs bridge, same result.

What's strange is that I now receive an IPv6 from DHCP but no IPv4 so no access to other sites than google, outlook, .. and no access to other devices on network

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!