Permissions on devices.list and devices.allow

2cadz

Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

I saw a few posts dealing with the subject but nothing really conclusive on the resolution, so I opened a new question.

For me the problem occurred when updating the base in a MariaDB LXC container:
MariaDB-server-maria-10.1.14 + 1 ~ jessie -> MariaDB-server-maria-10.1.16 + 1 ~ jessie

It starts with the following error when installing the new server :
Code:
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to set devices.allow we /lxc/136/system.slice/mariadb.service: Permission denied
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to set devices.allow we /lxc/136/system.slice/mariadb.service: Permission denied

then after a restart the container on almost all services:
Code:
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to reset devices.list we /lxc/136/system.slice/zabbix-agent.service: Permission denied
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to reset devices.list we /lxc/136/system.slice/php5-fpm.service: Permission denied
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to reset devices.list we /lxc/136/system.slice/cron.service: Permission denied
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to reset devices.list we /lxc/136/system.slice/nginx.service: Permission denied
Jul 19 8:13:36 xxxx systemd [1]: Failed to reset devices.list we /lxc/136/system.slice/rc-local.service: Permission denied

Does anyone has a working track to solve these problems ?

Thanks

Regards

As far as I know, there are still bugs with systemd on LXC, at least they were there in 4.0 and 4.1. Therefore the normal Jessie LXC template ships with sysvinit instead of systemd.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!