[SOLVED] Permission issues

AlphaHost

Apr 17, 2016
Hey guys,

i've got some permission issues on my Proxmox installation, and actually I have no idea how to solve the problem..

For example, I can't delete a node:
Code:
rm -rf /etc/pve/nodes/node2
Output is: permission denied..

I also tried to renew my letsencrypt certificat, but I also get the "permission denied" errors:
Code:
/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh: Zeile 1356: /etc/pve/.le/account.conf: permission denied
/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh: Zeile 1356: /etc/pve/.le/account.conf: permission denied
[Sa 22. Apr 22:14:27 CEST 2017] Installing key to:/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.key
/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh: Zeile 3314: /etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.key: permission denied
[Sa 22. Apr 22:14:27 CEST 2017] Installing full chain to:/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem
/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh: Zeile 3323: /etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem: permission denied

Code:
ls -l /etc/pve/local/                                                                          insgesamt 3
-r--r----- 1 root www-data   83 Apr 18 18:12 lrm_status
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root www-data    0 Aug  3  2016 lxc
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root www-data    0 Aug  3  2016 openvz
dr-x------ 2 root www-data    0 Aug  3  2016 priv
-r--r----- 1 root www-data 1675 Jan 21 14:16 pveproxy-ssl.key
-r--r----- 1 root www-data 3461 Jan 21 14:16 pveproxy-ssl.pem
-r--r----- 1 root www-data 1679 Dez 11 12:02 pve-ssl.key
-r--r----- 1 root www-data 1765 Dez 11 12:02 pve-ssl.pem
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root www-data    0 Aug  3  2016 qemu-server

right now it's much more important to me to renew my letsencrypt certificate than deleting the node..

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Please note that /etc/pve/ is not a normal file system, so please do not run scripts which assumes this.

eh okay?
I just ran this command from your wiki:
Code:
acme.sh --issue --standalone --keypath /etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.key --fullchainpath /etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem --reloadcmd "systemctl restart pveproxy" -d

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!