Perform a ping from VM to another node in the cluster

I'm thinking, that without a gateway (on the 10.10.10.XXX NIC) Proxmox isn't addressing any outgoing traffic on that NW.

What is the output from PVE Host node1 to PVE Host node2:
traceroute 10.10.10.12 (from 10.10.10.11)

I created a virtual network and only want the devices in the network such as vms and hosts to talk to each other so there is no need for a gateway.
1723130180865.png

As gfngfn256 pointed out, I also think the issue lies somewhere within the VM, if the traffic doesn't even show up on the host bridge. Have you checked whether there is any iptables / nftables output?

Code:
iptables -L
nft list ruleset

I also think the issue lies somewhere within the VM, if the traffic doesn't even show up on the host bridge.

can you verify this? Start tcpdump:

Code:
sudo tcpdump -envi tap100i0 icmp

Then ping

can you verify this? Start tcpdump:

Code:
sudo tcpdump -envi tap100i0 icmp

Then ping
No results returned
but then I created Simple Zone With SNAT and DHCP and I used subnet 10.10.10.x/24 so I could ping out and ping other hosts, this is the result when I changed the vm's network without using vmbr Also using vnet, what does this mean? I think it's a private network solution. Why can I ping outside and ping the internet? However, another problem is that I can't ping the vms in the host. other have the same vnet
My question is:
Why did I create a simple zone, use this zone and vnet can ping out?
Why can't I ping vm between hosts when I use vm?
1723194839318.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!