[SOLVED] PERC H310 already flashed to IT-Mode?

Dunuin

Distinguished Member
Jun 30, 2020
Germany
Hi,

My old Dell PERC H310 I had flashed to IT-mode started failing so I ordered a new (but used) one to replace it. I wanted to follow my notes I wrote down when cross-flashing the last one, but somehow I can't get FreeDOS to boot anymore to use the LSI utilities (screen just stays black when booting the stick in legacy mode).
But there also wasn't a raid config menu when booting I usually got with IR-mode and PVE was seeing the disks attached to it, whichout needing to configure anything. But those disks don't show in the BIOS/UEFI (but maybe that is because there is no BIOS installed on that HBA?).

Can I somehow check from PVE CLI if that PERC H310 is already properly flashed to IT-mode?

In the syslog I see this, which looks like it is already using the lastest IT-mode firmware I wanted to flash anyway, but without a BIOS installed? Can someone confirm this?
Code:
May 01 13:38:02 Enterprise kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: LSISAS2008: FWVersion(20.00.07.00), ChipRevision(0x03), BiosVersion(00.00.00.00)
May 01 13:38:02 Enterprise kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: Protocol=(Initiator,Target), Capabilities=(TLR,EEDP,Snapshot Buffer,Diag Trace Buffer,Task Set Full,NCQ)
May 01 13:38:02 Enterprise kernel: scsi host0: Fusion MPT SAS Host
May 01 13:38:02 Enterprise kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: sending port enable !!

Wanted to create a new ZFS pool with the disks on it so I can move the virtual disks from the existing to the new pool without needing to backup+restore from PBS. Would be bad if that H310 isn't in IT mode.

Last edited:
you can check with systool:
Bash:
apt install sysfsutils
systool -c scsi_host -v -d host0

if you have active_mode = "Initiator" and supported_mode = "Initiator" (Initiator Target -> IT) your Controller is in IT-mode.

by the way, your log already shows:
May 01 13:38:02 Enterprise kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: Protocol=(Initiator,Target), Capabilities=(TLR,EEDP,Snapshot Buffer,Diag Trace Buffer,Task Set Full,NCQ)

Reactions: Neobin and Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!