pct restore with -rootfs 0 directory file system in v.5.3

Maren

Oct 12, 2016
Hello,
we are trying to restore templates for v.5.1 on a v.5.3 and have have tried with --storage=lvm-thin and we get errors.

How can I restore on lvm-thin and keep the directory structure.

Is there anyway on the GUI to create a container with directory file system instead of raw?

Please post the output of the exact error you're getting.

# pct restore 300 vzdump-lxc-701-2018_04_23-15_56_44.tar --storage local-lvm
--virtualsize may not be zero.
unable to restore CT 300 - lvcreate 'pve/vm-300-disk-0' error: Run `lvcreate --help' for more information.
#

would you like me to upload the container somewhere. It is just data less template. Debian 9 with SYSVInit and some packages preinstalled...

You need to specify a size for the rootfs on lvm-thin. (apparently in your container config it's set to 0)

Try restoring like this:

Code:
pct restore 300 /path/to/file --storage local-lvm --rootfs local-lvm:8

where the :8 means 8GB, change this accordingly to your setup.

You need to specify a size for the rootfs on lvm-thin. (apparently in your container config it's set to 0)

Try restoring like this:

Code:
pct restore 300 /path/to/file --storage local-lvm --rootfs local-lvm:8

where the :8 means 8GB, change this accordingly to your setup.
Hi @oguz, how can I specify a size smaller than 1GB? I have a small CT with alpine that I would like it to be 128MB.
Can this be done?

Hi,
Hi @oguz, how can I specify a size smaller than 1GB? I have a small CT with alpine that I would like it to be 128MB.
Can this be done?
yes, you can specify e.g. 0.1 as well. Note that the unit is GiB (i.e. 2^30 bytes).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!