pct list not showing all vms

publica_antz

Mar 31, 2022
Hey Guys,

I'm new to proxmox, i've inherited a setup and haven't played with VMs at all before. I'm trying to pct enter into a vm. But pct list isn't showing it.
When I view the vms in the web admin, I can see it there. (screenshot below) but pct list only shows 100 and 104. I can see the icons next to those are different but not sure what that means.

How can I pct enter into those other ones?

I've also tried right clicking on the vms and going into the console through the webadmin, but I don't know the credentials to get in that way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Antony

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 10.04.48 AM.png

"pct" - (man pct) Tool to manage Linux Containers (LXC) on Proxmox VE
"qm" -- Qemu/KVM Virtual Machine Manager

The 101-103 are not Containers, they are Virtual Machines. There is no equivalent "enter" option for VM. You need to know the credentials to access it at a very basic level.

Its possible to gain access to disk/filesystems without credentials (if they are not encrypted) but it requires an advanced understanding of Virtual Machine components, storage used and Linux in general.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Last edited:
Reactions: datschlatscher

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!