PCI Passthrough

For anyone coming across this post, before you try to any of the other options which didn't work for me (uefi/pci-e mode, disabling boot on card, setting romfile manually) or flashing the card, try setting rombar=0. This presevents the guest from seeing the firmware rom file, which did as it said and fixed this issue for me. You can even set this option from the proxmox UI by enabling advanced options and ticking the box.

Reactions: homeauto and yo78e
For anyone coming across this post, before you try to any of the other options which didn't work for me (uefi/pci-e mode, disabling boot on card, setting romfile manually) or flashing the card, try setting rombar=0. This presevents the guest from seeing the firmware rom file, which did as it said and fixed this issue for me. You can even set this option from the proxmox UI by enabling advanced options and ticking the box.
I can at least confirm that this worked for me.

I have a dell poweredge T420 and two LSI Cards: 9200-8e and 9210-8i. Both are flashed with IT-firmware. I enabled IOMMU in proxmox (much easier than I remember) and got my Ubuntu VM setup with the two cards added. Sure enough, I encountered the same errors:

seabios-error.png

Then, after this screen, I would be greeted with the message "Booting from hard disk" followed by "Active Partition Not Found, Press Any Key."

I suspected that for some reason it was trying to boot to one of the drives connected to either of the HBA's, so disconnected the only drive that I had plugged in. Sure enough, it booted into Ubuntu just fine. Sadly though, I'm not in the business of unplugging 30+ hard drives every time I need to reboot a VM, so I came here for answers.

Surprisingly enough, setting rombar=0 for each of the PCI devices in the hardware section (or in your vm's conf file under /etc/pve/qemu-server) did the trick.

Hopefully this was helpful! Thanks for the heads up @deafmute

Reactions: iamchriswick
Worked for me too, thanks! :)

Disabling the rombar setting for the PCIe Passthrough through in the GUI pass through advanced settings also fixed my Firmware Fault Code: 2667h boot error!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!