PCI passthrough problem

atka

Sep 13, 2013
Hello I am trying to pass through a pci card through but get this for an error
Code:
[kvm: -device pci-assign,host=06:00.0,id=hostpci1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x11: Failed to assign irq for "hostpci1": Input/output error
kvm: -device pci-assign,host=06:00.0,id=hostpci1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x11: Perhaps you are assigning a device that shares an IRQ with another device?
kvm: -device pci-assign,host=06:00.0,id=hostpci1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x11: Device 'kvm-pci-assign' could not be initialized
/CODE]
I have enabled iomm and see this was an error in earlier versions of proxmox but haven't seen any thing recent about it.

Tried it in another slot? Sometimes it's a hardware limitation of the motherboard I believe.

What sort of card/device is it?

No there is only one PCI slot on the mother board and it is sharing the IRQ with one of my built in NICS and a PCI express based SSD and it is a soundcard. I have managed to do what I wanted in a container though so the problem is kind of solved for me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!