PBS problem, PVE nodes not responding because of PBS

Mar 11, 2020
Good morning team, I hope you are very well, a while ago I had a big problem with proxmox PVE and proxmox backup server.

Turns out I have two different nodes attached to a PBS, both are PVE 6.3-2. The problem I had is that all my virtual machines on both nodes were inaccessible, the signal was intermittent. on occasions everything seemed to be fine in the hypervisor, but in others as if it had lost connection, even the virtual machines, they lost access but soon after it returned.

The signal returned only for an approximate period of 30 seconds, to later be lost for about 5 minutes or more.

In the end, the solution was to eliminate the PBS in both nodes with the command "pvesm remove pbs-01", however to date we do not know why this error occurred and how to avoid it, since it is necessary to use the PBS option

I attach an image of how my virtual machines were displayed

1620778363503.png

check the syslog/journal on the pve nodes, this probably contains some errors/warnings what did go wrong

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!