PBS NameSpace Permissions

tropicaljoe

Sep 25, 2021
Hello All,
I have successfully created a new namespace and have been able to backup to in with the root@pam account. My goal is create an account that will just have access to the namespace and no other namespaces nor the root ( just backup and restore ). First can this be done?

I tried the following commands after I created the account:
proxmox-backup-manager user permissions remote@pbs --path /datastore/PBS_Daily/ns/JPDSM
proxmox-backup-manager acl update /datastore/PBS_Daily/ns/JPDSM DatastoreBackup --auth-id remote@pbs

I then tried to connect from another host to the namespace, it tells me that it cannot find PBS_Daily datastore ( again I tried this with the root@pam and it works no problem)

Do I need any additional rights on the actual datastore in order to use the namespace?

no, the ACL path is wrong ;) the 'ns' sub-dirs are just there on disk (and on tape, if you use that), everywhere else just "JPDSM" is correct.

so an ACL referring to the "JPDSM" namespace in the "PBS_Daily" datastore would use "/datastore/PBS_Daily/JPDSM"

Reactions: Michael.Uray

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!