[SOLVED] PBS datastore on NFS

Jul 20, 2022
I have PBS 2.2-7 running as a VM on Proxmox 7.2-14. I have a datastore on PBS that I wish to put on an NFS server VM so that I can share it with Duplicati, which is running in yet another VM. I will use Duplicati to encrypt and store the PBS datastore on a cloud storage service.

My question has to do with accessing a datastore via NFS.

I have used Proxmox to move the datastore disk from PBS to the NFS server. On the NFS server, I have exported the datastore to make it accessible to the PBS VM. This was successful as I am able to mount and browse the NFS-mounted datastore from the PBS console.
1669037375942.png

Now I want to access this NFS mount as an existing datastore in PBS.
1669037590885.png

When I do this, PBS creates an empty datastore in /mnt/datastore/NFS2.

If I mount the real (NFS) datastore at /mnt/datastore/NFS2, then PBS will not allow me to add the datastore, because one already exists at that location.

So how do I go about putting this NFS-mounted datastore back into PBS?

Thanks.

You could try to edit the "path" in the /etc/proxmox-backup/datastrore.cfg form the old datastore location to the mountpoint of the new NFS share.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!