PBS - Backup to folder on a disk in use?

hellomotow

Jun 5, 2013
Is there no option in the PBS to backup to a folder? I can't find a way to add a disk in use already.

I would like to backup to a disk in use that's mounted to Google Drive.

Hey,

when creating a new datastore you should be able the enter the path to the folder, just make sure the folder you've selected is empty. Do you get any error messages when you try to create the new datastore, if so, could you post those here.

Reactions: hellomotow
Is there no option in the PBS to backup to a folder? I can't find a way to add a disk in use already.

I would like to backup to a disk in use that's mounted to Google Drive.
Hey!

Did it work for you?
I keen to install PBS locally and back it up to Google drive to add an extra level of protection!
Would anyone post a small [Tutorial] how to please?I

Currently I'm trying to backup to NAS and backup that NAS to gdrive w a GoodSync but it is not performing as expected. May be rclone or duplicity or similar on PBS strategy? There is few tutorials and scripts for PVE but none for PBS. Please?

And finally - why not to embed this function directly to PBS? Just grant access to gdrive and other cloudeservices and we have it nicely done without subscriptions to basically PVE competitors ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!