[PBS - backup] connection error: Connection reset by peer (os error 104)

bryanpedini

Dec 20, 2020
Italy
bryanpedini.dev
Hi,

I recently discovered this error while doing a backup to a target PBS system, tho unfortunately searching "proxmox" backup connection reset by peer ("os error 104") on the internet (emphasis on quotes on "proxmox" and "os error 104" so they would exactly match) returns like only 3 results, which actually have nothing to do with this error.
In less words, I don't seem to find this exact error with this exact "os error" code.
Code:
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 60002 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2023-09-13 18:24:53
INFO: status = running
INFO: VM Name: pfsense01.home.bjphoster.cloud
INFO: include disk 'scsi0' 'local:60002/vm-60002-disk-0.qcow2' 10G
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/60002/2023-09-13T16:24:53Z'
INFO: skipping guest-agent 'fs-freeze', agent configured but not running?
ERROR: VM 60002 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: connection error: Connection reset by peer (os error 104)
INFO: aborting backup job
INFO: resuming VM again
ERROR: Backup of VM 60002 failed - VM 60002 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: connection error: Connection reset by peer (os error 104)
INFO: Failed at 2023-09-13 18:25:28

What do you think could be?
And/or what do you think I could start looking for?

PS: nevermind "skipping guest-agent", I'm still fighting with pfSense to get that stupid qemu-guest-agent installed and working...

Thanks in advance!!
Bryan.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!