Pbs as directory backup.

You could use the CLI to install and configure a NFS/SMB server (so bascially turning it into a NAS) and then add a NFS/SMB storage to your PVE. that way you could store ISOs on your PBS.
Or you install the proxmox-ve packages to your PBS server turning that also into a PVE node. You could then run something like an OpenMediaVault VM as your NAS on the PBS server.

Last edited:
I think this feature will be impelemented next versions.
It's not on the roadmap, so I would not think this will be added the next years...

Does it work stable? Any connection drops?
PBS is based on Debian. Shouldn't be less stable than running a SMB/NFS server on a normal Debian server. And OpenMediaVault, is also based on Debian, so I don't see a problem there as long as you know how to configure your NFS/SMB server properly.

Reactions: ozgurerdogan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!