Passthrough iGPU Alder Lake (Intel 12th) via Proxmox, what's next?

Is there any reason these steps wouldn't work with a linux vm?

Went an bought a new nuc i7 and didn't realise Iris wasn't working with proxmox and whilst I have it working on a different machine, I would really like to task advantage of it fully

Exact same machine as scyto I think

Last edited:
what do you mean 'wasn't working' ?
If I follow any guides for plex or tdarr none of them pick up the hardware.

I've found multiple threads mentioning that Intel's changes to 13th gen mean you can't pass through the iris to a vm. I don't know enough technically to fumble through it

so there is vGPU and dedicated GPU passthrough (two different things)

i have only tested vGPU on the IrisXe in an intel made 13th gen nuc pro so cannot comment on anything else as it may vary based on hardware specifics / bios / etc

multiple folks have used the method i used and documented and report success on 12th and 13th geb

https://gist.github.com/scyto/e4e3de35ee23fdb4ae5d5a3b85c16ed3

note this is highly experimental and IMO is more a toy, if people want 'just works' buy an A6000 and the vGPU licenses from NVIDIA (yes i know it is expensive and yes you can buy separate gaming rig for less). look at the githiub for the driver and you will see there are many many issues... this is not for the faint of heart

Anyone has success with an intel core i5 14500 (14th gen)? I always get Error 43 in Windows 11 device manager.

Is the VM setup with only a local windows account (not MS an account or AAD)?
Do you have any additional CPU flags or arts set?
The Windows 11 pro was setup with a local windows account, no additional CPU flags, arts set.
I was on proxmox 8.1.4.

In device manage, the intel UHD 770 was recognized but windows is not utilizing it (Error 43).

I am following this guide:

https://www.derekseaman.com/2023/11...u-vt-d-passthrough-with-intel-alder-lake.html

At step 5, I don’t see "Enabler 7VFs" on my system.

Thank you

If you don't see any VFs enabled and are doing vGPU then you won't get very far. Also is that iGPU and Iris XE chip? If not I am not sure it will work for vGPU.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!