[SOLVED] Passing thru AMD GPU on 1st gen ryzen (no iGPU, needed to add a second card)

kubo6472

Aug 6, 2018
This thread did not work for me: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/p...xx-xx-x-bar-3-performance-may-be-slow.108129/

My current setup looks like this:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
MOBO: MSI X370 SLI PLUS
GPU0: NVIDIA G86 [QUADRO NVS 290] - PCI x4 slot (topmost)
GPU1: AMD Baffin [RX 560] - below the x4, first x16 slot
Updated UEFI BIOS today, from 2 days ago
Proxmox ver.: 7.2-4

As I do not have an integrated GPU, I figured I would need to add another GPU if I am going to passthrough the main one. How does one go about fixing what GPU to have for proxmox, and that it should not touch the one I am trying to passthrough?

It is failing on:
Code:
kvm: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:31:00.0,id=hostpci0.0,bus=ich9-pcie-port-1,addr=0x0.0,multifunction=on: Failed to mmap 0000:31:00.0 BAR 0. Performance may be slow

And after a promising boot menu of the ISO I am trying to boot, I am greeted with either a black screen, or now rather a no signal screen - P.S. proxmox is alive and well - working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!