Passed through Tesla M40 not working under graphics mode in windows 11 but works fine under compute mode.

MadMac Mig

Dec 21, 2020
h0riz0nentertainment.wixsite.com
So I've literally reinstalled about 15 drivers, and troubleshooted the obvious steps, with no success!

So what seems to happen is when i've installed the drivers, I proceed to run (nvidia-smi) to make sure it shows up, and everything is fine, once I ran this code to change my GPU from compute to graphics mode (nvidia-smi -dm 0) It completes successfully asking me to reboot, I reboot and once rebooted I get a code 43 from windows, and nothing seems to recognise it, (nvidia-smi) also no longer works showing an unable to contact GPU error.

To try and solve this, I installed the quadro M6000 drivers, and the Tesla M40 drivers along with trying different versions and also tried disabling and re-enabling the GPU from device manager and odly, that clears up the menu with the GPU showing as working, but everything stays the same!!!!

Please help! Ive been at this for HOURSSSS!! And I thank you greatly in advance!!

Running Windows 11 VM, The GPU was working in another server, this server has another GPU set as a grid vGPU but I only want to pass this other one through.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!