Pass virtual machines from a broken proxmox a new proxmox

Proxmoxgoogle

Mar 21, 2017
Hello guys
I have a problem with a server with proxmox, it turns off.

So I want to pass a virtual machine that has that broken server, to another proxmox. but the virtual machine is very heavy, I plan to extract the disk with that virtual machine and mount it to the new proxmox, but I don't see the way to mount that disk in the new proxmox

Is my idea ok? as I would do it? or how would you do it?

hi,

I plan to extract the disk with that virtual machine and mount it to the new proxmox, but I don't see the way to mount that disk in the new proxmox
the idea is okay.

you can use regular linux commands to mount the disk on the new machine.
it also depends on which storage you are using, sometimes you can just add it in the /etc/pve/storage.cfg as it was in the previous node and it can work.

another way is doing backup/restore. you can send the backup archive over scp to your new node..

I have a problem with a server with proxmox, it turns off.
how does it turn off? how long does it stay online? what do you see in the logs? (/var/log/syslog and journalctl)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!