Pass a SeaBIOS config message to guest vm via qemu?

stalebiscuit

Apr 2, 2021
Hey Folks,

I've been googling but my qemu skills are so new I'm sure I don't know enough to phrase the question.

I'd like to find a way, in PVE 6.3.2 to tell the SeaBIOS of a guest vm "don't worry about trying to boot from those HBAs that I've passed through to you".

I'm getting "MPT BIOS Fault 0Fh encountered at adapter PCI(00h,1Bh,00h) Press any key to continue"

When I press any key, the system boots fine and all hardware passed through is seen. I'm certain this is a config issue.

Any ideas on resolving this is appreciated,
SB

Attachments

• qemu-seabios.png
    qemu-seabios.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 18
hi,

when you press 'Esc' during the seabios boot screen what devices do you see?
can you also post qm config VMID?

I'm getting "MPT BIOS Fault 0Fh encountered at adapter PCI(00h,1Bh,00h) Press any key to continue"
it's a dirty workaround, but if it works when you just press a key, then you can do something like:
qm sendkey VMID 'kp_enter' to press enter in the VM via qm monitor and it should keep booting then.

Thank you, Oguz,

I found the Seabios option "Rom-Bar" which fixes my issue when set to 0, false, or "off".

Attachments

• rombar-off.png
    rombar-off.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 38uvn

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!