Parking/Locking NIC on windows guest

shalgabe

Apr 8, 2020
Hi!
So we have been going crazy, our customer is running vdi's and their vm nics "lock up" pretty often, now I think it isn't as prevalent as they say "Everyday", but it does happen more then we would like. Basically their RDP session freezes up, then we log into the vm through the proxmox web interface and can't ping in or out, we disconnect then reconnect the nic and then suddenly it all works, I don't see any windows logs that refer to our issue that I can tell. we are using the intel pro 1000. We have tried different nics, checked drivers over and over again, done lots of googling ect. I just was wondering if we could at least get a push in the right direction if not a straight answer. I did look at the logs on proxmox shell and I just found vmbr0: port <n>(tap101io) entered blocking state/disabled state over and over so I am going to dig into this, but any advice would be more then greatly appreciated!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!