Parameter verification failed during restore

bcnx

May 5, 2007
Hi,

while trying a restore on an updated 3.2 system I get this error message: Parameter verification failed (400) storage: invalid format - storage ID " contains illegal characters.
The backups are on a NFS export and the storage is on an iSCSI LUN. The backup filename is vzdump-qemu-100-2014_07_05-04_00_03.vma.lzo (probably nothing wrong there). The harddrive ID is storagecluster:0.0.15.scsi-23364306537636562 .
Why am I getting this message, and more important: how to avoid it?

Thx!

BC

Answering my own question for the rest of the world: I was using iSCSI LUNs directly. It's better not to do that and have LVM logical volumes on the LUNs. Even better is to throw multipathing in the mix.

BC

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!