[SOLVED] PANIC while importing rpool (endless importing)

Decco1337

Apr 12, 2023
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I had the issue that my Proxmox host was not reachable anymore, that is why I restarted it. Unfortunately after that it is not possible anymore to import the rpool. I just get two PANIC messages and the timeout messages. I let the server importing the pool for over 10 hours without success.

After starting the import the pool is shown in Proxmox and also with the zfs commands. I cannot mount it or something else, just the meta data is loaded.

I also see that the IO delay is on a constant level (6%), while trying to import.

Unfortunately trying to scrub did not help. Via the zfs status I saw some files are corrupted but I am also unable to destroy them due to endless loading.

Does anyone had the same issue? Is there any why to recover it or to get the files on the rpool?

Currently I use the latest Proxmox 8 installation.

Attachments

• 68ac149ffa67cdd91862a9d62011dda6.png
    68ac149ffa67cdd91862a9d62011dda6.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 91f4670a0000649f68245a7fb4d85ea3.png
    91f4670a0000649f68245a7fb4d85ea3.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: minerswin
Unfortunately didn't find any solution how to fix it or how to get the VM images to save them and to reinstall the system.

This is not specific to Proxmox and other ZFS recovery guides/posts/threads on the internet might apply. It's also possible that your rpool is damaged beyond (normal) repair and reinstalling/restoring from backup might be the easiest route.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!