P410i IT Mode (DL360 G7)

HPMSGEN8

Oct 6, 2022
Good Day

I am looking for some help to try and get this into IT Mode / HBA Mode. Yes i know i can go out and buy an controller but i will need to get it shipped from the USA and this will cost me a bit.

I have wiped my server now and will be starting all over with Proxmox latest version.

What i need to know is do i need to have Proxmox installed on a drive first or what is the process for this.

Thanks in advanced.

Be prepared that the BIOS won't be able to boot from the disks. That was my experience with a G8 when the RAID controller was set to HBA mode. Didn't try to flash it to IT mode though.

Thanks @LnxBil @aaron

So it is not worth it then and i might just get an SAS2008 Card like @LnxBil mentioned in another post of mine. What one should i get since i need to ship it from the USA.

Luckily the latest Proxmox installs on my Server so that is 1 good thing :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!