Own node showing as offline

Ashley

Jun 28, 2016
I have a cluster setup within Proxmox, have a dedicated server running that I use for management & a few small VM's such as DHCP.

When connecting to the web interface via this node quite often the particular node will show as red within the side panel view, sometimes this will just appear back online shortly after this can happen quite often over a period of time.

The web interface continues to work and I can access all the other nodes via the web interface, so for some reason the node itself think's itself is offline, where would be a good starting point to look at what could be the issue?

Usually this comes from a slow or unaccessible storage on the red host (NFS offline )

Run pvesm status

on the problematic host and see if some storages are longer to answer

That would explain it, had a CEPH storage that was set to show on all nodes, the management node does not sit on the CEPH vlan, have removed it from this node and will monitor.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!