OVS OpenvSwitch howto for the gui

Madhatter

Renowned Member
Apr 8, 2012
Version 3.2Hi, is there any starting point documentation from Proxmox for the new OVS? I cant get my head around it and I'm surely missing something.I'm through the general OpenVswitch Documentation available and I was able from the commandline to replace my old vmbr0 with "vmbr1 OVS bridge" and add INT ports.However those changes do no get reflected in the webgui while performing any action in the gui results in "Parameter verification failed. (400)gateway: Default gateway already exists on interface 'vmbr1'."what am I missing?

and I was able from the commandline to replace my old vmbr0 with "vmbr1 OVS bridge" and add INT ports.

Please try to use the web interface (you can then see the required syntax in the config file /etc/network/interfaces.new).

Hi,

I’m currently using Linux Bridge on PVE 5.4. I would like to ask if I am to install OVS, will GUI automatically recognise it and disable Linux Bridge to use OVS?

ReadySpace

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!