OVS on many servers

tincboy

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2010
I've a cluster of 40 Proxmox nodes and I want to start offer private network to my clients,
Each client of me may have few VMs on different nodes, and it's not static, they may add/remove VMs.
My question is if I want to setup OVS based private networking it's necessary to add GRE for each two servers? this way I will have difficulties adding/removing new Proxmox nodes to all servers' configurations.

My question is if I want to setup OVS based private networking it's necessary to add GRE for each two servers? this way I will have difficulties adding/removing new Proxmox nodes to all servers' configurations.

vlans ?

or if you don't have layer2 between your hosts, indeed, gre/vxlan/....

My servers are all connected via layer2 switches, but I can't add so many vlans on them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!