OVH Proxmox VE 6 - IP's are routing and working, but flaky and only showing the host node IP in any form of IP check.

max1486

Nov 3, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been messing around for the past 12 hours I'd say, now at my whits end trying to move from libvirt to Proxmox. The actual move process itself was smooth and fine, import went all good but I'm not at the networking part. Below is my network configuration for an Ubuntu 18 VPS that DOES connect but is very flaky and times out a lot, I have the MAC set properly and what not.

Code:
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 176.31.29.229
netmask 255.255.255.240
post-up ip route add 149.202.94.254 dev eth0
post-up ip route add default via 149.202.94.254
pre-down ip route del default via 149.202.94.254
pre-down ip route del 149.202.94.254 dev eth0

The issue I imagine has something to do with the fact that for example when I press 'w' to see who is logged in via SSH, it's returning my OVH Host node IP address rather than the actual end user so I can only guess these two things are related.

Any suggestions as to the cause? I've set everything up exactly as per documentation so I can only guess that it's an OVH issue now.

Thanks

Ubuntu VPS => You previously had Ubuntu working with the posted network configuration and are now using Proxmox VE and the same configuration is only working poorly?

Have you already tried using the routed configuration? If yes, did it change anything?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!